President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated the Festival of Libraries 2023 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi on 5 August. As per the vision of Prime Minister Modi, this festival has been organize for the development of libraries, digitization and promotion of reading culture.
The Festival of Libraries 2023 is being organize by the Ministry of Culture on 5 and 6 August 2023. This fair is organizing in hall number 5 of Pragati Maidan. The festival will provide information from reputed libraries around the world to deliberate on the modernization and digitization of the country’s libraries.
This special fair, organized to develop the reading culture in India, is part of the second phase of the ‘Amrit Mahotsav of Independence’. The objective of the fair is to facilitate the formulation of action-oriented policies for the development of model libraries up to the village and community level in India. In this, a special ranking system also launched for the country’s libraries. This will lead to excellence and innovation in the library sector.
Major attractions of Festival of Libraries 2023
- A directory of libraries launched and a tripartite MoU signed between the three major libraries.
- This tripartite agreement done between Khuda Baksh Public Library of Patna, Rampur Raza Library of Rampur and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Arabic-Persian Research Institute of Tonk.
- Celebrating 250 years of Rampur Raza Library.
- Visitors will also get an opportunity to experience 10 captivating exhibitions showcasing cartographic archives, calligraphic types and cursive writing styles as well as tribal fonts in 22 local languages of India through theme based exhibitions.
- 4 theme-based drawing rooms have been set up in this festival. These include book-author sessions, digital displays, flip books and podcasts; Programs based on Human Library Project and Indian Culture Portal are being organize.
The Festival of Libraries 2023 will prove to be an important step in the modernization of libraries in India. It will draw attention to providing excellent reading facilities to people across the country. This will solve the problems and challenges that libraries usually bring to the users.
Click here to read this article in Hindi.